Friday, November 4, 2011

And then there were four


Jude August Desmond Daigle
October 25th
1:26 AM
7 lbs, 5 oz.
19.5 inches long

And, I'm madly in love with him.

I am so grateful that God had his hands all over his birth. Every single detail was perfectly planned out. Literally.

One of the major stresses throughout the last month of the pregnancy was whether or not my mother would be here in time for the birth. We desperately needed her to be, because we had no one to watch Liam. And if she wasn't here in time, that would mean giving birth without my husband there beside me. I was horrified of having to tell him about how his child entered the world. But God looked out for us and my mother made it out a few days early.

On monday nights Sam gets home from work at 11:15 pm. I went into labor exactly 30 minutes after he arrived home. And I was holding our son less than two hours later. We figured I wouldn't be in labor for 26 hours like I us with Liam, but we were still thinking a good 12 or so. It never even crossed my mind that my labor would progress so quickly that if my husband would have been at work he would not have made it to the hospital in time to see his child enter the world. But again, God looked out for us and waited until Sam was home before he started working his magic.

I gave birth 20 minutes after being at the hospital, delayed because of complications getting the IV in me. Otherwise we would have probably had him 10 min. earlier. Considering that part and if I would have changed out of my pajamas before heading to the car or stopped at the red lights on the way to the hospital, we probably would have had Jude in the car. But once again God looked out for us and made every little detail of that night work out perfectly. With the exception of the no drugs part. But don't worry God and I will chat about that sometime. ;)

Side note ~ yes, my husband whilst driving me and our unborn child to the hospital, ran through every light on the way. Nor did he stop for the speed bump in the parking lot. Ouch.

So our Jude entered our world as quickly as he could. And we have been basking in our new found love for him every moment since. Our hearts swell with pride watching Liam love on him and wear his big brother role so proudly. We are completely and utterly consumed with gratitude that we were chosen to be their parents.




If you would like to see more pictures of Jude and his first days visit here.

1 comment: