Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 thankfuls

10 thankfuls

1 ~ Newborns. The way their little body folds up in your arms. The way they smell. The little chirps that come from them as they drift to slumber. The sweet smile that accompanies the passing of gas. The way they grasp your finger with their tiny hand. And when swaddled how they look like giant burritos.

2 ~ Books. Little worlds bound together with paper and glue. How characters become like friends. How a story can become as close to your heart as your own. The way the pages smell.

3 ~ Rice krispie treats. Little crunchy marshmallow goodness. Divine.

4 ~ Nail polish. Bottles of happiness. Colors for every season, for every mood. You can make a statement with just your fingertips.

5 ~ My parents. For everything. Everything.

6 ~ Autumn. Sweaters, boots, scarves. Foliage.

7 ~ Rocking Chairs. Even though it is a pain in the b.u.t.t. having to rock a certain little boy to sleep every nap and night, I am thankful that in the future I will have these memories of our time singing and talking and rocking.

8 ~ Accents. They make my heart happy.

9 ~ Photography blogs. Inspire.

10 ~ My husband. Who makes me laugh. Holds me to my word. Makes me keep my promises.

1 comment:

  1. "make a statement with just your fingertips" - seeing a future slogan here.

    ReplyDelete