Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence day



Happy 4th!.

First I must say that I Loathe living in the desert. Second I must say that I loath summer. Third I loathe my body in a bathing suit. Fourth I loathe public swimming area's.

So I sit here independently appreciating my freedom indoors with air condition and a cold soda. If the 4th was the 4th of October, I would be parading around the beach wearing stripes and setting off things that go Boom in the Night.

I can not be patriotic in the dead of summer. I can not.

It is not my fault. I do love our country, this is not meant to sound like I don't appreciate what today stands for....I just can not do summer holidays. I would not be happy about Christmas if it was in July. It's nothing against the holiday, I am against the month. I am against how hot it is where I live in the month of July. So really, this is just me saying I don't like where I live.

Sorry.


Now for the actual point of blogging today, My little Man is 8 whole months. And he is sporting his first tooth. His lower right central, (I looked it up ) :) And that thing is sharp, keeps him up all night (one of about 7 other issues), feels really pleasant on my boob, and warranted a trip to Babies R Us to pick up his first tooth brush. A milestone. Eeeeek.

He is doing so much around here, he maneuvers himself around and always ends stuck underneath the coffee table or the bed or with his hands in the dog bowls. He crawls like a madman. Only backwards though. It drives me crazy and breaks my heart. He will look at something in front of him and you can see that he wants to get to it, so he starts crawling but backwards and the whole time he is crawling further from the object he just wails in devastation. He has been crawling backwards for a month now, and if you were a fly on my wall you would see Liam's mommy and daddy on all four's trying to show him what to do. I think that is why he does not do it, he knows that once he does, mom and dad won't look as stupid. I think he looks so much like his daddy in this picture.

3 comments:

  1. Boom in the night. You're a funny one missy. And I agree 110% about summer and the loathing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I happen to love where you live and the fact that you live here.. just sayin
    And I love your baby, and the pictures of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to steal your camera when I have my next one...OR you can just give it to me....OR you can buy me one....Either way i want one. One way or another I'm gonna get it I'm gonna gonna gonna get it.

    ReplyDelete