Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I will miss this.


Liam you are a little man filled with speed and screams and giggles that warm my heart. The world is your oyster right now and I love seeing you feel and learn all about what surrounds you.
I will miss how you love feeling the water come out of the spout.
I will miss how you claw at my face to feel every inch of it, including up my nose and in my mouth.
I will miss how you crawl to the dog bowls just to pick up the dog food.
I will miss how you sit and carefully pick at the carpet.
I will miss your first reactions to your first feels....the disgusted look on your face after touching your first feel of a tennis ball, the look of concern as you maneuver from carpeted ground to tile floor, the exasperation on your face when you felt your first wet noodle, the terror in your eyes when you were introduced to sand, or the silent cringe from your first feel on grass.
I will miss how you crawl to the tile in the kitchen just so you can slap it over and over and over.
I will miss how you turn over every little car or train you have, and you sit and play with the wheels because you like making them turn.
I will miss your first reactions to your first feels.... the look of delight as you squish pureed food through your fingers, the pleasure on your face from cuddling with a silky blanket, the shriek of happiness when having a handful of dog fur, the amazement at what a straw felt like in your hand.
I will miss how you let the doggies lick your hands over and over and you laugh out loud when it tickles.
I will miss how you love our Eskimo kisses, my hair tickling your face, your hand being kissed repetitively fast by my lips.
I will miss how you love your cheeks being nibbled on and your cheeks caressed and your forehead kissed and your back tickled and your bum patted.
I will miss the sense of wonder that is found in your finger tips.
I will miss these days when you felt your way around your world.

3 comments:

  1. You are not allowed to make me cry at work... I miss him, I hope to see him tonight if he is already asleep. He does sleep sometimes right? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not allowed to make me cry at work... I miss him, I hope to see him tonight even if he is already asleep. He does sleep sometimes right? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart this.

    It does go so quickly..I miss it :(

    ReplyDelete