Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Valentine



No time for the mush or the gush. And not that you would want to hear all about how wonderfully happy my husband makes me.....(refer to post last October).
So in short he is my love, my life, my Valentine. We have spent 5 spectacular V'days together. This year as my husband was driving me to McDonalds to surpirse me with an Oreo McFlurry (my absolute favorite, thanks to my pregnancy with Liam) we were recalling some of our favorite V'day memories. Both of us agreed that the first was one of our favorites. It was my first Valentine's ever that I had someone to do something special for. I had a trip flying around for 4 days before I would get to see him in Boston. I was not going to have time to shop for anything once I got there, so I collected things around the country to decorate his apartment with. I loaded up on lots of goodies, candles, streamers, A Heart shaped door mat (huge), and a bunch of confetti. I smuggled all of this in extra brown paper bags along with my suitcase, tote bad and purse. After all the door mat was HUGE. So I arrive in Boston for V'day. And I sit patiently at Sam's apartment waiting for him to get home from work. I had a few hours remaining and I did not want to decorate until right before he would arrive since there were so many candles to light. We were also going out to dinner and I had flown all morning so I was delaying my shower as well......
So 4 hours earlier than expected there is Sam coming through his front door! He surprised me with getting off of work early. And Im screaming NO NO NO You can not be here yet! No NO NO! I make him go back to his car and I tell him to wait for a few minutes and then come up. I open the front door throw the mat on the ground and hurry back inside decorating as fast as I can and then running into the bathroom to get ready. Looking back Im not sure why I went to shower right then but I did, and not knowing that I had locked the dead bolt on the front door I leave Sam stuck outside. I take my time getting ready all the while thinking Sam is in the apartment thinking Im so sweet for decorating it. I get out look around Sam is not in the apartment. I realize he is locked outside. With Lunch. With what was my favorite Teriyaki Sandwich for lunch. With what was a Hot Teriyaki Sandwich for lunch. Now it was a cold one. And poor Sam was out there for close to an hour thinking that I was mad at him and had locked him out on purpose! haha
Anyways it is a funny memory for us. And 5 sweet years later, so deliciously sweet they might as well have been dipped in chocolate, we still have crazy moments like this together. And I love him more every year because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment