Monday, August 23, 2010

three

Three is a number that I love, because I have a little family of three.

I am going to share three things with you... here is the first three.




The Three greatest moments of my life.

moment number three: the very first time I landed in Ireland. I was 21 years old, and sitting next to my mother. A feeling so out of this world took over my whole body,literally my legs went numb my heart swelled, my head pulsed, my fingers, well you get the picture. My heart exploded with this feeling of "I am home" I looked through the windows and watched as we descended through the clouds that early morning, and it was just amazing how I had never set foot on that island before yet my soul knew it belonged there. I still have that feeling every time I think of Ireland.

moment number two: Dancing with my father at my wedding, during the father daughter dance. I cried the whole song, sobbed in fact. I was so proud to be in his arms. So extremely proud to be his daughter. I felt the love he had for me coming out of his arms around me. When my father walked me down the aisle earlier that evening he kissed me goodbye and I whispered in his ear " I loved you first". Dancing with him that night meant the world to me.

moment number one: Having Liam just moments after he was born lay on my chest for over an hour. Skin to skin. It was the moment that I met my son, the moment my heart was taken out of my body, the moment that everything else was right in the world.

2 comments:

  1. You have a moment with your dad, mom, and Liam but what about Sam?
    I guess moment one wasn't possible without Sam.

    But I like this post. Take me to Ireland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please to the fabulous 3 picture.

    One day when you have three children, those will be your three moments. But then your number will be five..so nevermind.

    ReplyDelete