Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Showers part 3

So my little niece Reese is just the most precious thing ever. She was born nearly two months early and weighing under 3 pounds, and she has been impressing all of us with how much of a strong little girl she is. She now weighs a whopping 10 pounds at 7 months. I am so excited for Liam to grow up with her. One being that he will have a cousin his age to play with and pick on ;) and the other because Reese has down syndrome. I firmly believe that God gave Reese to our family on purpose and that each one of us has something that we are to learn from her. I am thrilled to death that my son will have a bond with her and that he will get to grow up side by side with someone as special as Reese.
As a teenager I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go bowling once a week with a group of Down Syndrome Teenagers. They were so wonderful to be around, their attitudes were so encouraging nothing made them sad, life was simply about love. Loving each other, loving me. They would not even know me but they would greet me with a huge hug, and they would hug on me all through their game, and then they would hug me goodbye. The amount of Love that I felt from being around them has stuck with me ever since. And they were not my family. Reese is. And I am looking forward to the years ahead that will be filled with the Love that this little girl will give us and teach us about. A love so pure and nonjudgmental. A love that is unconditional.

Easter was the first time that the two really has an "interaction" of sorts. I can't wait for the years to come, but this first experience was hysterical. These photos were not posed, all movements were naturally done by the babies themselves. Absolutely no babies were harmed during the making of these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment