Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Showers par deux

We had my family over for Easter Sunday. Or Resurrection Sunday :)
I attempted to make some new recipes (bad idea) for everyone to try. First I made a strawberry and creme pie. Chilled it over night like Paula Deen said and then when I put it on the table for dessert and it was cut into, low and behold a fluid of sorts that was underneath all of the whipped cream and strawberries. I was certain I followed the recipe correctly and even brought out the cook book to prove it,
Sugar -I did that, Flour- I did that, 2 eggs beaten- I did that too.
Jen my sis in law says "2 eggs beaten"?
me-"yes"
her- "you beat them before you added them"?
me- "was I supposed to"?
her- "it says 2 eggs beaten, you were supposed to beat them together before you mixed them together"
me- "oh," (ashamed at myself)
who knew that cook book's actually need to come with direction's for the direction's?

Now if it was just the pie I would say no big deal but when it was also my sweet potato balls. The precious balls that I worked so hard on. Please find humor in my balls. So balls go something like this make sweet potato mixture add orange juice, cinnamon, yadda yadda, then take large marshmallows and wrap the potato mixture around said marshmallow, then roll in coconut. I do all of this, but once again Paula Deen led me astray. Yes I will blame everything on her. It makes me feel better about myself, ok?
Put in over 350 degrees for 20 min. BUT be careful because the last few minutes they might explode so watch carefully.
Jerk. Those Marshmallows exploded with in 5 minutes. FIVE. 5. aaarrrgh. So I have to take them out because now they are no longer pretty round delectable balls for everyone to enjoy they are a mass of potato blob on a cookie sheet that looks like a flock of birds flew over it and pooped. And not just exploded balls but still cold.
So I served them cold. Chilled sweet potato balls.

And Paula Deen makes a lot of money to screw up my Easter dinner. She really does.

1 comment:

  1. Haha at least you learned one valuable lesson. There's always a lesson when things go wrong. Lesson = don't cook new things for the guests, try it on your husband first

    ReplyDelete