Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The strands

When I was a little girl one of my favorite thoughts was the fact that God knew how many strands of hair were on my head. Now as a mother I am brought back to that comforting thought. In fact it does not stop there, I could (and do) cry in awe about how our God will never learn anything about Liam. He already knows every detail of my son. This is so remarkable to me, that God not only knows how many little strands of hair are on his head but also that God knows what his first word will be and the date he will learn to walk. God knows this little boys future dreams, his fears, the first time he will tell a girl he loves them and the first time he will have his heart broken. The Lord knew the day he would enter this world before we even tried to have a child, and the Lord knows when he will take Liam home to him. What comfort to know that every detail of Liam's life is carefully watched and guided by our God. How truly awesome he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment